Saturday, May 22, 2010

Adventures in Handyman-ness

Todd would kill me for writing this will kill me when he finds out I'm posting about him. I probably shouldn't do it while sitting a foot away from him. oh well.

Todd has been super handy around the house! I am so proud of all the work he's done (even if some of these may have been excuses to keep from writing long tedious papers)!

He put in our cat door right away. In this case, I was the brains and he was the brawn. Okay, he was some of the brains too. This cat door contraption is the best thing in the world if you have a cat! We put a cat door through the wall in our laundry room that leads into a nook in our garage. On the garage side, we have the litter box inside a large pet crate. This way the litter is outside of our living space, but the cat can't escape out the garage door. It's pretty amazing. Never in my life did I think I would get this excited about a litter box system. Let's face it, never in my life did I think I'd need a litter box system. But now that I have one, I'm glad it is this awesome.

Here are a few pictures:

The view from the laundry room. Zatara enters here.


and comes out here.

Other handy things my handy husband has handled.


Rick came over and helped Todd install the garage door opener. They also switched out the light fixture in the kitchen.

We took the ceiling fan that was in the dining room and moved it into our bedroom



Here it is in all it's glory.

Todd also fixed out leaky faucet in our master bath!

I am so proud of him and all he's done.

1 comment:

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

That is brilliant! Makes me wish I hadn't gotten rid of a pet crate I had for years. What a great idea! I've had friends who had their litter box in the garage, but I worried about the cat getting run over one day. This prevents that issue...awesome idea!