Saturday, July 2, 2011

Kitchen ceiling and lights complete!

We've finished the ceiling and lights in the kitchen! It was a lot of work but I think it makes a huge difference!

Before and afters:

Before:


After:


I also updated the light fixture above the sink to match the new fixture we installed.
All it took was a few shots of Rust-Oleum's Oil Rubbed Bronze. I used the paint and primer version, and it covered beautifully.

Before:

After:
(I haven't put the curtain back - and you can see a little preview of the cabinet transformations I've started working on!)


Here they are together:

Linking to...







3 comments:

blythe said...

what a difference! good work, team loftin.

Anonymous said...

We had the same type of drop ceiling in our house when we moved in over 15 years ago. And at the time we loved it. Just last fall we ripped it out and installed track lighting. The room looks sooo much bigger, as I'm sure yours feels a lot bigger. I love the light fixture you chose.

The Kim Six Fix said...

OMG! I am your alter ego.. I just did the exact same thing. (I have complete sympathy having been stuck with the awful fluorescent light.. who ever thought those were good ideas?)
http://www.themoney-pit.com/2011/11/how-to-shave-30-years-off-your-kitchen.html

I love your choices. Beautiful!