Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving

Todd and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with both sides of our family. On Thanksgiving day we went to my parents house. I am very lucky to live near most of my family and to see them often, but it is still special to gather with them on the holidays. Nick, Benay and baby Calvin we able to be with us this Thanksgiving, which made it extra special since we are all so thankful that Calvin is doing well. Uncle David also came up from Texas. All totaled we had Mom, Dad, Nick, Benay, Calvin, Meghan, Mimi, Papa, David, Me, Todd, Mommer, my dad's friend Albert, and my dad's friend Bob.  I think 14 is a pretty full house! We had turkey with all the usual fixins. This year I made green bean casserole with fresh green beans, a little cheese and almond slivers for extra crunch. I found the recipe last year but couldn't find where I bookmarked it so I just winged it. Turned out pretty good if I do say so myself!

Here are some pictures I stole from Nick and Benay's Flickr page






The next day Todd and I woke up early, not to go shopping (that'd be crazy!) but to drive down to Texas to visit Todd's Grandmother and see his side of the family. We stayed at Grandma June's and got to visit with Chad, Grace and Hailey. Then later that evening we went over to the Uncle Tim and Aunt Vickie's to meet Brian and Melissa's new baby Emma Kate and see the rest of the Loftin Family!

Here are some pictures I stole from Jody's album (I need to remember to use my camera, but these people with their fancy smancy cameras make me not want to even get mine out!)








What a wonderful holiday!



No comments: