Monday, May 3, 2010

Adventures in cooking

This just in:

paper towel + gas stoves = paper towel on fire

on the plus side, we know the fire alarm works!

A girl I work with said she likes to make "Pace Two-Step Chicken". This recipe comes was actually on the back of the Pace bottle.

1 1/2 cups Pace Picante Sauce
3 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Stir the picante sauce, brown sugar and mustard in a small bowl. Pour the picante sauce mixture over the chicken. Then bake!


This is the picture off of the website. I served mine with mexican style rice, a salad and cheese quesadilla  wedges. I don't think you want to see our dirty plate, and I forgot to take pictures before we ate it. Now that I actually started blogging, I will try to get in the habit of taking more pictures!

The Pace website calls this Sweet and Spicy Picante Chicken but the bottle says "Two-Step Chicken".This was not my favorite recipe but I think I'll try it again. I think I just used too much mustard.Once I make a recipe I can usually eye-ball the ingredients, but I need to remember I'm not as good as I like to think I am! I should have just measured it!

So, added to the Lowes List for this week: fire extinguisher.

No comments: